1. List of offers
- creating a new offer using the New offer button,
- documents list.
By default, the offer list is sorted by the creation date. The list contains the following information about the offers:
- offer number,
- offer name,
- offer description,
- customer – it is linked to more details,
- post date,
- total amount.
2. Creating an offer
You can add a new offer by clicking the New offer button. The form consists of the following parts.
You have to choose
- offer name- default name is called The offer,
- offer description,
- series of numeration – selecting this is mandatory (read more in the section dedicated to configuration in the configuration.pdf).
It is possible to select a contractor from the list or to add a new one. In this section, there is a customer selection area and a button to add a new contractor. After selecting it, the following data is displayed:
- contractor’s name,
- billing address,
- Tax Identification Number and Company Identification Number.
You can complete the missing details by clicking the “edit” button. A window will be displayed with a form to complete the missing information.
- post date- the current date is selected by default. You can change it.
- due date – by default, the field is completed with default payment due date saved in account settings (if none, then date of issue + 2 weeks); it is possible to choose one of the defined payment due dates by choosing them from the list.
- product/service name – you can select an existing one or add a new one. If you activate checkbox named save new products, the new records will be automatically saved in the Products module,
- unit price net,
- tax – you can choose it from the list. If your account doesn’t already have added the tax rate, you have to select it in the configuration (Configuration/Preferences/Sale/Taxes). Defining the tax rate isn’t mandatory for the offer. To hide this area, you have to turn off the option with a tax in the settings,
- total ammount – non-editable amount which is the calculated value for the item taking into account the quantity, discount and tax.
- percentage discount
- tax value
Both values are set by default according to the previous offer or a country.
Items can be converted to a currency other than the bank account’s main currency. To do this, select the currency to do this, in the currency selection field select the currency you want the value to be converted into You can either use the automatic currency conversion (the rate according to the European Central Bank) or enter it by yourself. If the system cannot download the exchange rate automatically, the download button is not displayed.
You can see that the currency for individual items doesn’t change. The values for the main currency and for the converted currency are available in the item’s summary.
Content of the offer
This part of the form contains the following information:
The fields above are default for the document. You can also display extra settings:
You can display the additional op by selecting them from the list which is hidden under the cogwheel icon. Next to each line, you can find a button to delete the indicated line. Deleting the line only makes it clear.
This section is available after saving the document. It contains a field where you can enter the fee paid by the contractor.