How is the application of artificial intelligence solutions influencing the job market? How does it affect the emergence of new occupations and the creation of future professions? Does AI take away or give jobs? To find out what the future job market will look like, take a look at our post!
The future job market – table of contents:
- The future job market – introduction
- AI in the office
- Creative artificial intelligence
- AI in the field
- The future job market – summary
The future job market – introduction
The future job market is a great unknown. On the one hand, developing technologies are raising hopes that more people will perform duties in line with their potential and to the best of their abilities. On the other hand, global instability, climate as well as energy crises give those entering the job market, even professionals, reasons to feel insecure.
According to a study by the Institute For The Future, up to 85% of the jobs people will hold in 2030 have yet to be invented. What’s more, the profound changes in the way we work and the acceleration of digital transformation caused by the pandemic mean that the need for flexibility is increasing in parallel with the degree of employment uncertainty.
AI in the office
Much of the change in the workforce has to do with the digitization of business. Artificial intelligence is taking over simple, repetitive tasks such as handling documents, entering data as well as answering frequently asked questions.
On the other hand, it is generating demand for specialists of varying levels of sophistication who can, among other things:
- collect and classify data to teach artificial intelligence models
- adapt existing solutions to the requirements of a specific company
- integrate solutions by the company
The application of AI is therefore not so much related to reducing the number of jobs but to changing the tasks that the employees of the digital company of the future job market will perform. One thing is indisputable: most new jobs will require office workers to have at least basic programming skills and all will demand proficient computer skills.
Artificial intelligence that analyzes business processes is also generating a growing demand for analysts who are proficient in the latest tools and up-to-date in learning new technologies belonging to the field of business intelligence. This is because AI patches together large data sets and visualizes them in a variety of ways. However, it is not yet able to conclude them. These context-dependent tasks involve those who grasp the business significance of the data they collect.
Creative artificial intelligence
Another area that is shifting significantly with the development of AI is the creative industry. Devising interesting content that meets audience demand is getting easier with the capabilities of creative AI. Although it is already capable of generating images and texts, for some time to come the creation of meaningful multimedia wholes: planning as well as managing the production of larger works will remain a field handled by humans.
Digital marketing is more intuitive with AI-supported tools. Content management and personalization of content presentation are simpler, although the amount of digital content created is increasing week by week. However, AI helps optimize and create top-quality content that won’t get lost in the flood of easy-to-create as well as correct “average” content.
AI in the field
Spectacular examples of entirely new AI-assisted jobs are provided by robotics. In the future, robots will replace some manual workers, while jobs that require direct human participation will involve exoskeletons. They enhance physical strength and enable integrated, hand-held tools that today won’t operate outside the production hall or workshop.
Occupations related to AI-assisted robots will therefore include robot trainers or people who assign tasks to robots. Specialists employ exoskeletons to perform specialized tasks, such as assembling and repairing industrial machinery will come in handy.
The future job market – summary
Artificial intelligence enhances human capabilities in almost every field of professional activity. However, it requires openness to new technologies and a willingness to learn new solutions. Perhaps therein lies the basic difficulty of the changes in the future job market caused by the spread of AI.
Whether in the office, the creative industries, or fieldwork, artificial intelligence enables us to learn faster and enhances what we already know. With its help, we can accomplish more ambitious projects and direct sensitivity to what is unique and new. Still, it requires flexibility and commitment, as well as a critical eye to watch over the choice of its designer, message, purpose and target.
If you like our content, join our busy bees community on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok.
AI in business:
- Artificial intelligence in business - Introduction
- Threats and opportunities of AI in business (part 1)
- Threats and opportunities of AI in business (part 2)
- AI applications in business - overview
- What is NLP, or natural language processing in business
- Automatic document processing
- AI and social media – what do they say about us?
- Automatic translator. Intelligent localization of digital products
- AI-assisted text chatbots
- The operation and business applications of voicebots
- Virtual assistant technology, or how to talk to AI?
- Business NLP today and tomorrow
- How can artificial intelligence help with BPM?
- Will artificial intelligence replace business analysts?
- The role of AI in business decision-making
- What is Business Intelligence?
- Scheduling social media posts. How can AI help?
- Automated social media posts
- Artificial intelligence in content management
- Creative AI of today and tomorrow
- Multimodal AI and its applications in business
- New interactions. How is AI changing the way we operate devices?
- RPA and APIs in a digital company
- New services and products operating with AI
- The future job market and upcoming professions
- Green AI and AI for the Earth
- EdTech. Artificial intelligence in education