94% of companies in the world use cloud technology. In 2020, it was only 80%. Have you ever wondered how cloud technology is and will continue to affect business and the digital future of enterprises? Can we expect that cloud computing will become even more popular? And how will new functionalities and services evolve?
How the cloud technology is changing business – table of contents:
- Cloud computing and operational efficiency
- Cloud computing and remote work
- Green cloud computing
Does the rapid development of cloud technology mean that SMEs will be able to focus on their core competencies instead of dealing with the day-to-day management of IT infrastructure? We hope that this is exactly what will happen. Especially since, given the development of artificial intelligence and galloping automation, cloud technology can be more and more easily adapted to the real company’s needs.
Cloud technology is one of the main pillars of digital transformation. It allows businesses to easily access advanced tools, streamlining processes and reducing costs. With the growth of the cloud, businesses are likely to become more flexible, competitive and innovative. No wonder, then, that analysts predict the industry will reach $947 billion in 2026 and $1.5 trillion in 2030.
Cloud computing and operational efficiency
Moving data and applications to the cloud allows companies to increase their operational efficiency. This means achieving desired results faster and at a lower cost, using a similar strategy to the competitors’. By using cloud services, startups have, among others, the opportunity to take advantage of the latest high-tech tools that make it easier to scale their operations, both down and up, as needed. In this way, they improve the efficiency of their operations, while at the same time they can pay to use the tools only when they really need them.
Moreover, cloud technology lets users automate many routine tasks. This saves a lot of time and resources, which can be allocated to the strategic development of the company. In other words, it increases operational efficiency. It is due to the ability to reduce the cost of routine operations that the banking, financial services and insurance sectors account for 21% of all cloud operations. Transfers, payments and other simple operations are carried out instantly and with little supervision.
Cloud computing and remote work
Cloud computing plays a crucial role in remote work. Thanks to it, employees can securely access documents and applications from everywhere in the world. With the development of technology, cloud computing enables collaboration in the metaverse – a virtual world that combines reality and virtuality.
The metaverse offers new opportunities for collaboration, allowing employees to interact in a three-dimensional digital space. Thanks to cloud computing, geographically dispersed teams can meet in the metaverse for video conferences, workshops or presentations, which facilitates communication and collaboration. It’s worth investing in tools that offer data encryption and backup to keep your company’s information safe when using the metaverse and other cloud services.
Green cloud computing
More and more cloud technology services providers will look to minimize their environmental impact by using renewable energy sources, optimizing resource consumption and implementing sustainable management strategies. Small and medium-sized companies will be able to leverage green cloud computing to reduce their own carbon footprint and support sustainable development.
More and more cloud providers, including Oracle, are getting involved in environmental efforts. They are striving to minimize their impact on the planet:
- following the principle of sustainable development,
- using renewable energy,
- promoting the idea of a circular economy.
Green cloud computing is more environmentally friendly because:
- They use renewable energy sources – for example, 5 of Google’s 30 data centers use green energy at 90%, and Oracle’s data centers located in Europe are powered by renewable energy at 100%.
- They place great emphasis on resource optimization – computing platforms grow with organizational needs, so there is no need to create excess computing power for the future. Cutting-edge cooling technologies that make data centers consume less energy are also important.
Small and medium-sized companies can use green computing to reduce their own carbon footprint and promote sustainable development. By choosing green cloud solutions, businesses not only enjoy the benefits of cloud computing, but also contribute to protecting the environment and promoting a responsible attitude toward natural resources.
Cloud technology is influencing the future of businesses, becoming a key part of their development. For budding entrepreneurs, leveraging the cloud can bring a number of benefits, such as increased operational efficiency, support for remote work, or access to advanced AI and ML tools. In order to take full advantage of the potential of cloud computing, it’s worth ensuring proper planning, data security, and continuous monitoring and optimization of your cloud resources. It is therefore worth investing in cloud technology to ensure the success of your business in the digital world.
Digitizing your business:
- What is business digitalization?
- How to avoid the pitfalls of digital transformation?
- Balancing digital transformation with data security
- Digital marketing
- Digital financial management and online accounting
- Managing digital teams
- Digitalization in industry
- Digital training and induction
- Cloud vs server. Pros and cons
- XaaS and subscription business models
- Cloud computing
- The future of digital enterprises
- The cloud and artificial intelligence
- What XaaS services to use when running a business?
- Microservices and APIs
- RPA vs API. How to choose the right automation strategy?
- Best-of-breed vs all-in-one. Which is right for you?
- All about workflow automation
- Top 5 no-code tools your company needs
- How to build business applications and websites using AI?
- Gamification in the workplace
- Gamification in business
- Gamification and customer experience
- What are disruptive technologies?
- The impact of disruptive technologies on business
- How to introduce business change wisely?
- What are the risks of AI?
- Nurturing digital culture. Balancing change and identity
- How to build an innovation culture in the workplace?
- What is a digital mindset?
- Frontline workers in the era of digital transformation