Gamification is becoming more and more popular in the world of business. Did you know that using mechanisms known from games in other fields, can help to increase employees’ engagement and efficiency? In today’s post, we will present the best applications of gamification in business. Get inspired and see how introducing this solution can boost the growth of your company. Read on.
Gamification in business - table of contents:
Gamification in your business
Gamification in business helps companies increase their employee’s efficiency, facilitates achieving goals, and improves team communication. According to research conducted by Anadea, as many as 96% of employees enjoy gamified elements added to their daily tasks. Therefore, we decided to explore the most frequently chosen business applications. When selecting the best ones, we took into account:
- ease of use,
- customization options,
- price, and
- user feedback
Using game mechanics helps to create a friendly environment in the company and introduces healthy competition among employees. So which applications are worth trying out?
Workplace apps that bring gamification in business
Salesforce is one of the most popular, but not easy-to-use CRM solutions. It offers the Salesforce Gamification module that enables organizations to introduce gamification elements, such as:
- points and rewards,
- badges and achievements
- social collaboration
This module allows users to create personalized contests, rankings, and track results in real-time, which increases employee motivation, especially in sales and customer service. It also facilitates learning Salesforce features and improves employees’ commitment to work.
Centrical is an application that combines elements of performance management, motivation, and learning. The application allows you to:
- create personalized learning paths for employees,
- track their progress, and
- organize competitions and challenges.
Users can collect points, earn badges, advance in rankings, and earn rewards for achievements. Centrical offers various game scenarios, such as dynamic car races and treasure hunts, which boost team engagement and cooperation. In addition, the app is designed to strengthen bonds between employees and managers through chat, knowledge sharing, and continuous feedback.
LevelEleven is a tool that allows you to create personalized contests and motivating challenges for employees, especially from sales departments. The app integrates with Salesforce and lets users track results in real-time. Employers can also create awards for top performers.
LevelEleven automatically sends motivating notifications to employees through Salesforce, email, and sales rankings, which are one of the best ways to motivate a team. Through healthy competition, the app helps increase sales productivity and enhance team performance.
An interesting solution is Channel 11 TV, which lets you broadcast real-time results, both from sales contests and from other sources, such as Google Sheets. In this way, the company can instantly recognize the best employees and support behaviors that improve sales performance.
Todoist is a task management application that incorporates several gamification elements, such as points, achievements, and the Karma system. Users can earn points for completing tasks and advance to higher levels, which motivates them to work systematically and increases productivity.
Visualizing progress in the form of attractive charts and graphs that show users’ productivity trends over time, allows them to easily analyze their work and identify areas that need improvement. This lets users focus on the most important tasks, and pursue their goals more systematically.
Todoist also offers advanced features such as recurring due dates, labels, filters, and reminders that make task management even simpler and more efficient. Using these capabilities lets you earn extra Karma points, as well as increase productivity and quality of work. The application will work well for both budding entrepreneurs and individuals who want to better manage their time and priorities.
Trello is a popular project management tool. It allows you to implement gamification through add-ons, or Trello Power-Ups, such as Yera.
Yera is a fully automated, end-to-end team engagement and reward system that gamifies daily work and helps achieve the best results. It is fully customizable, and tailored to the needs of a specific team and project. It supports team engagement through customized rewards. For example, you can add achievement badges or create leaderboards there.
Gamification in business – summary
Implementing gamification can bring many benefits to your business, such as improved performance and better teamwork. According to Zippa, gamification can boost employee engagement even by 48%.
However, choosing the right application depends on the specifics of your company and its needs. Each of the mentioned suggestions has its strengths and weaknesses, so it’s worth considering the following factors when making a decision:
- Salesforce – recommended for companies that use CRM systems, and want to apply gamification in the sales and customer service departments,
- Centrical – ideal for organizations that prioritize employee engagement, motivation, and performance improvement.
- LevelEleven – perfect for sales teams who want to track their performance and compete,
- Todoist – recommended for budding entrepreneurs and individuals who want to manage their time and tasks,
- Trello + Yera – excellent for teams working on joint projects looking to improve collaboration and make it more attractive.
Regardless of your choice, it’s important to remember that the successful implementation of gamification relies on thoughtful planning, customization to your organization’s needs, and an emphasis on creating an enjoyable and engaging experience for employees.
Digitizing your business:
- What is business digitalization?
- How to avoid the pitfalls of digital transformation?
- Balancing digital transformation with data security
- Digital marketing
- Digital financial management and online accounting
- Managing digital teams
- Digitalization in industry
- Digital training and induction
- Cloud vs server. Pros and cons
- XaaS and subscription business models
- Cloud computing
- The future of digital enterprises
- The cloud and artificial intelligence
- What XaaS services to use when running a business?
- Microservices and APIs
- RPA vs API. How to choose the right automation strategy?
- Best-of-breed vs all-in-one. Which is right for you?
- All about workflow automation
- Top 5 no-code tools your company needs
- How to build business applications and websites using AI?
- Gamification in the workplace
- Gamification in business
- Gamification and customer experience
- What are disruptive technologies?
- The impact of disruptive technologies on business
- How to introduce business change wisely?
- What are the risks of AI?
- Nurturing digital culture. Balancing change and identity
- How to build an innovation culture in the workplace?
- What is a digital mindset?
- Frontline workers in the era of digital transformation