We are witnessing a technological revolution with artificial intelligence as its main character. Enhanced AI and machine learning algorithms are being used in almost all industries and areas of digital life. They will probably soon be able to fully automate cloud management, adapting resources to a company’s needs in real time.
Cloud-based AI in your business – table of contents:
- Cloud-based AI
- What problems can be solved with cloud-based AI?
- How to choose the right solutions for your business?
- Monitoring and measuring the effects of implementing cloud-based AI
Using cloud-based AI is driving digital transformation in businesses, and is increasingly integrating the physical and digital worlds. This is evident in the huge successes of companies offering cloud-based AI digital assistant services, such as Siri, Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
They make it easy to issue voice commands, purchase items, adjust the temperature in a smart home or play music on a connected speaker. Many users don’t realize that they owe the intuitive operation of smart devices to the combination of these two technologies: cloud computing and artificial intelligence. Cloud-based AI plays a revolutionary role in business as well. But how is it being used?
The use of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in the cloud offers startups amazing opportunities for growth. Cloud service providers offer platforms that facilitate the implementation of AI and ML to:
- conduct data analysis – for example, of inventory, a number of customers, or frequency of site visits, and even analyze people’s emotional reactions on social media, optimize production processes – by analyzing data related to processes, machines and human resources, AI can detect delays or losses, which allows for streamlining processes and increasing production efficiency,
- personalize the offer – AI analyzes customer preferences, buying behavior and browsing history to provide personalized product or service recommendations, monitoring and customer service, AI can collect data on customer satisfaction and reported problems, which allows for faster and more efficient problem solving and improved service quality,
- automate marketing – by analyzing data and identifying effective strategies, AI can help develop effective marketing campaigns that will increase reach and attract more customers.
Moreover, AI can assist in monitoring and managing IT infrastructure. This is because AI can automatically detect performance or security problems and respond quickly, minimizing the risk of system failures or cyber-attacks.
What problems can be solved with cloud-based AI?
The combined forces of the cloud and artificial intelligence primarily help solve problems in the following areas:
- accelerate decision-making processes – the cloud and AI help analyze huge amounts of data in real time. To achieve this, companies can use ready-to-use tools like Google BigQuery or Amazon Redshift to process data quickly. Using such tools, companies can make fact-based decisions, leading to the optimization of business processes.
- improve customer service – implementing chatbots or systems to analyze customers’ emotions, enables faster and more precise responses to their needs. To achieve this, companies can use services like IBM Watson, Google Dialog Flow or Microsoft Azure Bot Service. In this way, companies can improve customer satisfaction and increase customer loyalty.
- optimize production processes – the cloud supported by artificial intelligence can be used for analyzing data related to production processes and optimizing resource management. To achieve this, companies can use tools such as TensorFlow or Apache MXNet, which allows for the creation of advanced AI models to predict downtime or service needs. In this way, companies can minimize delays and achieve greater production efficiency.
- predict market trends – cloud-based AI enables the collection and analysis of data from a variety of sources, making it easier to anticipate market changes and adjust business strategies. To achieve this, companies can use services like Amazon Forecast or Google Cloud AI Platform, which offer advanced forecasting algorithms. In this way, companies can tailor their offers to meet customer expectations and maintain a competitive edge.
- support recruitment and human resource management – cloud-based AI can be used for analyzing candidates’ resumes and predicting how well they will fit into a given company or position. To achieve this, companies can use solutions such as IBM Watson Talent or Google Cloud Talent Solution, which offer tools to analyze candidate data. In this way, companies can reduce recruitment time and increase the efficiency of their teams.
How to choose the right solutions for your business?
Before choosing the right cloud-based AI solutions, it’s a good idea to thoroughly understand your company’s goals and expectations in terms of technology. Identifying your priorities and the key areas where AI can bring benefits will allow you to make a better choice of available tools.Particularly, it’s worth checking out the offer of the following providers:
- Google Cloud,
- Amazon Web Services,
- Microsoft Azure, or
- IBM Cloud,
to find out which ones are most suitable for your company’s needs.
Monitoring and measuring the effects of implementing cloud-based AI
Before implementing cloud-based AI, it is a good idea to identify specific performance indicators (KPIs) that will allow you to assess the impact of new technologies on your business. These may include:
- saving time – by automating various processes in the company, such as data analysis and customer service. For example, by using AI-based chatbots, a company can reduce response time to customer inquiries. The average response time before and after the implementation of chatbots can be set as a KPI, and monitoring of this indicator can be done through analysis tools available in CRM systems,
- cost reduction – cloud-based AI can help reduce costs by optimizing resource use and eliminating waste. For example, AI can analyze a company’s energy consumption data to identify areas for improvement and implement cost-saving measures. The percentage reduction in energy consumption after implementing an AI solution can be set as a KPI, and monitoring of this indicator can be done through energy management systems,
- increased customer satisfaction – for example, implementing an AI-based customer emotion analysis system can help identify areas that need improvement. The change in customer satisfaction rating before and after implementing this system can be set as a KPI, and monitoring of this indicator can be done through customer satisfaction surveys and analysis of online ratings and reviews,
- increased process efficiency – cloud-based AI can help make production or operational processes more efficient, for example by automating and optimizing resource management. AI can predict machine downtime and service needs, allowing for better planning and optimization of machine operation. A reduction in machine downtime and an increase in production efficiency can be defined as a KPI, and this can be monitored through production management systems and service reports.
After implementing cloud-based AI, it is crucial to monitor and regularly analyze the results that the investment brings. This can be accomplished by applying pre-defined performance indicators and using analytical tools offered by cloud providers. For example, providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform offer a rich set of analytics and monitoring tools that make it easy to track progress toward achieving set KPIs.
It’s also a good idea to remember to regularly review and update your KPIs to adapt them to changing business and technological conditions. As the business grows and expands, it may be necessary to introduce new KPIs or modify existing ones to better reflect current goals and priorities.
Introducing a systematic methodology for monitoring and measuring the effects of implementing cloud-based AI helps to better assess the impact of investments in new technologies on the business. It also lets you detect problems early, allowing you to quickly implement adjustments and optimizations, leading to the achievement of set performance goals.
The cloud and artificial intelligence present tremendous opportunities for businesses that want to grow and gain a competitive advantage in the market. To take full advantage of the potential of cloud-based AI, it is crucial to understand business needs, choose the right solutions and develop an implementation strategy. Collaborating with experts and monitoring and measuring the effects of implementation will help achieve optimal results.
It’s also good to keep in mind that these technologies are constantly evolving, and innovations in the field of cloud-based AI can bring even more benefits to businesses in the future. Therefore, it is important to stay abreast of the latest developments in this area and be open to further optimize processes and adapt new solutions.
By implementing cloud-based AI in their business, companies gain the ability to speed up decision-making processes, improve customer service, optimize production processes, predict market trends, and support recruitment and human resource management. As a result, businesses can increase their efficiency, reduce costs and gain a competitive advantage in the market.If you like our content, join our busy bees community on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok.
Digitizing your business:
- What is business digitalization?
- How to avoid the pitfalls of digital transformation?
- Balancing digital transformation with data security
- Digital marketing
- Digital financial management and online accounting
- Managing digital teams
- Digitalization in industry
- Digital training and induction
- Cloud vs server. Pros and cons
- XaaS and subscription business models
- Cloud computing
- The future of digital enterprises
- The cloud and artificial intelligence
- What XaaS services to use when running a business?
- Microservices and APIs
- RPA vs API. How to choose the right automation strategy?
- Best-of-breed vs all-in-one. Which is right for you?
- All about workflow automation
- Top 5 no-code tools your company needs
- How to build business applications and websites using AI?
- Gamification in the workplace
- Gamification in business
- Gamification and customer experience
- What are disruptive technologies?
- The impact of disruptive technologies on business
- How to introduce business change wisely?
- What are the risks of AI?
- Nurturing digital culture. Balancing change and identity
- How to build an innovation culture in the workplace?
- What is a digital mindset?
- Frontline workers in the era of digital transformation