Learn how to run ads on Instagram and how beneficial they can be to your business. Instagram is one of the fastest growing social networking platforms. As many as 2 billion people own active Instagram accounts and over 500 million users visit it every day. Given this, it is worth setting up your business account on Instagram. Thanks to it, you will get a chance of reaching your prospective clients. However, it is not enough to set up the account to become successful. You will have to engage with your community. Apart from running organic campaingns, it’s worth investing in paid ads. Read on.
Instagram Ads – table of contents:
Types of Instagram ads
There are many different types of advertising formats on Instagram, including:
- Carousel ads
- Collection ads
- Video ads
- Reels ads
- Stories ads
- IGTV ads
- Explore ads
Such a wide range means that you can choose the best ad type that suits your specific business objectives. Also, you may precisely adjust paid ads to the given target audience and its preferences.
Creating Instagram ads
How to run ads on Instagram? If you wish to start promoting your business on Instagram, you can either use Ads Manager or the application directly. Ads Manager will let you create more complex campaigns. However, in order to run any paid campaign, it is essential to switch over to an Instagram business profile. How to do it?
Go to your profile, click on the menu in the upper right corner and choose “Switch to professional account”. Next, optionally link your Instagram page to your Facebook page and complete contact details. Now, you are all set.
Creating ads directly from Instagram is a quite simple method. You can transform any post into an ad with just a few clicks:
- Choose a post that you want to promote.
- Click “Boost post”.
- Now specify the goals which you want to achieve thanks to the add, e.g.: Profile visits, Website visits, Conversations. If you enter a website URL, you can also choose a call to action button.
- The next step is to select your target audience. You can either target your ads to a specific audience or choose automatic targeting.
- Then, set the budget and duration for your promotion (up to 30 days).
Crafting Instagram ads via Facebook Ads Manager is a bit more complicated process. In order to use Ads Manager your Instagram account must be linked to your Facebook account. This tool will let you calculate conversion rates and create ads which won’t be visible directly on your profile.
Follow the steps below:
- The first step is to click the “Create ad” button at the top right of Ads Manager.
- Next, select the marketing objective for your Instagram ad campaign and provide a name for it.
- Define the target audience and set the budget.
- Remember to choose the right placement for your ad. If you want it to appear on Instagram only, untick the following options: “Facebook”, “Audience Network” and “Messenger”.
- Finally, select your preferred ad format. Choose pictures or videos, and add your ad copy.
Benefits of Instagram advertising
The key benefits of Instagram advertising are as follows:
- Precise targeting – Instagram lets you choose the audience of your ad very precisely. It takes into consideration other accounts observed by users and their clicks. Instagram allows you to get access to important user data such as location, email and phone number. Thanks to a wide range of targeting options that come with Instagram ads, you will reach people who are similar to your existing customer database.
- Low costs – Advertising on Instagram involves relatively low costs. However, there are many factors that will affect the cost of your ad, e.g. the pricing model. It it estimated that a sponsored post can cost as little as 20 cents per click (CPC).
- Total budget – Setting a total budget that you want to spend on a particlar ad lets you fully control your expenses. You will never spend more than the budget you allocated. However, it’s important to note that you can change your Instagram advertising budget at any time.
Instagram Ads – summary
If you seriously consider advertising your business on social media, Instagram is a perfect place to start. Running a campaign on Instagram is neither difficult nor expensive, but it can contribute significantly to the growth of your brand.
Since you learned how to run ads on Instagram, read also how to get real followers.