Quality management is an obligation for every company nowadays. To ensure a constant increase in productivity, cash flow, and loyalty of clients companies have to take up the challenge. Good quality management can work wonders. In the text – 7 ways to meet the challenges of the business world.
Quality management – table of contents:
- Quality management – what it is?
- Quality management and productivity
- 7 ways to increase productivity
Quality management – what it is?
The main foundation of quality management is that it has to improve the effectiveness and flexibility of the company’s activity to meet the client’s expectations and variety of needs. The set of guidelines, developed by the team of researchers, guarantees that services made available on the market meet the standards. Supervision of business activities at all stages of the process allows for keeping the level of accuracy that suits the needs both of the company and its clients.
Despite the simple quality assurance that is focused on providing good quality products, which is strongly connected to the production process, quality management requires the leaders to take a more general view, take a broader perspective.
The strategy of such kind is based on the assumption that even the smallest activity in the organization can have an impact on the final quality of the product. Hence, despite their function, all the employees should aim to improve the quality of their work. Such an approach enhances the functioning of the whole company, at the same time allowing to introduction to the market products that are of the highest quality.
Quality management and productivity
Accordingly to the philosophy of management, achieving long-term success is not possible without pleased and loyal clients. Contemporary buyers, that have so easy access to the variety of products on the market, have a better awareness of their needs and possibilities. As a result, companies constantly have to fight with each other to gain customers. The quality of the products becomes a bargaining chip.
Comprehensive quality management begins with the specification of quality policies. Companies have to draft a plan that concentrates on long-term goals with a detailed description of the implementation of particular tasks.
There are different techniques of productivity management in the company. Some of the techniques are focused on improving the processes, and other methods aim at the improvement of the products or concentrate on people. Despite high differentiation of methods, it is key to involve all employees, even at the management level people should cooperate and understand the need for quality improvement.
Multi-leveled cooperation simplifies the improvement of all processes and enhances the quality of products. The culture of the company gets reinforced, while satisfied and motivated employees affect positively the productivity of the company.
7 ways to increase productivity
The goal of every organization is to achieve the best results while minimizing effort and cost. Quality management improves positively the productivity of the company and the satisfaction of clients and employees. Employees gain the chance to develop constantly. How to plan each step and manage the quality to achieve heights of efficiency.
Accordingly to ISO 9001, there are 7 rules of quality management. Those rules have to be introduced to enhance the functioning of the company. Those rules enable the development of processes that take place in the company. Those are:
- Customer orientation – the position of the client on the market increases constantly, hence this is the most important rule. Clients define their needs and speak about them more and more clearly. The companies should aim to develop their offer in a way that responds to clients’ needs. It can be stated, that client is the signpost for improvement. The analysis of the client’s needs and satisfaction level is the most important point at the beginning of the process.
- Leadership – although efficient quality management requires an equal commitment of employees of various ranks of the organization, the key role is played by management. The management has to set goals, by creating and monitoring all stages. At the same time, leadership cannot be based only on controlling and giving orders. Cooperation and relationships are more important, the leader has to motivate his employees and enable their development.
- The commitment of employees – no company can prosper well without competent, engaged employees. The personnel should understand the idea of quality improvement and management. The motivation and satisfaction of employees should be taken care of, while effective communication should be guaranteed, as well as a good flow of information.
- Process approach – aims at an understanding of the company’s activity as a set of coherent processes. The right identification and understanding of connections between the specific processes give a chance to increase the satisfaction of clients. At the same time, isolated processes create better conditions for monitoring and improvement of activities from the very beginning.
- Constant improvement – it is not possible to achieve full perfection. The market poses new challenges all the time to all companies. To keep up the leading position companies have to follow the trends and changes. At the same time, there is a necessity to improve constantly and enhance every element of the activity of the company by adhering to new trends in the market.
- Making decisions based on facts – aiming at efficient fulfillment of clients’ expectations companies have to carry out a comprehensive analysis. The information collected during the research becomes a valuable base for the decision-making process and future operations planning. Gathering and processing data in a standardized way maximize their level of usability while at the same time delivering valuable indicators needed for monitoring the whole activity.
- Relationship management – the success of the company depends on the practice of building relations with the business partners of the company. The selection of the people should be done accordingly to the previously set, detailed criteria. The key element is the improvement of communication between different entities in the chain, thanks to this achievement multilateral benefits will be possible.
The main assumption of quality management is the improvement of effectiveness and flexibility of operations of every company so it could meet the expectations and needs of the clients. There are many techniques to improve the productivity of the company, some of them focus on the enhancement of the process but others aim to improve the behavior of employees. 7 rules of quality management can be applied by any company to improve processes and provide a better quality product.