Mobile-friendly recruitment suits users of phones and other compact devices. Mobile devices are growing in strength year after year, leaving desktop devices far behind. Today, as many as 90% of job seekers say that mobile devices are crucial in the recruitment process. Nearly half of people use this very way to search for jobs on a daily basis. Recruiters need to keep up with the development of technology and changes in society’s habits, which is why the form of recruitment should be adapted to the devices that potential candidates use in their daily lives.
Mobile-friendly recruitment – table of contents:
- What is mobile-friendly recruitment?
- A dream job, or the most important features of mobile recruitment
- Generations X, Y, Z on the labor market
- 5 steps to effective mobile-friendly recruitment
What is mobile-friendly recruitment?
Recruitment focused on mobile device users is the response of the HR sector to the needs and requirements of today’s labor market. Recruitment carried out in this form is tailored to compact devices and phones, and thus meets the needs of the vast majority of job seekers.
Adaptation of the company to current trends already at the recruitment stage definitely has a positive effect on the company’s image in the candidate’s eyes. Thanks to such a procedure, a potential employee perceives the company as innovative, pro-development and modern.
A dream job, or the most important features of mobile recruitment
Computers led the way for years, but an increasingly fast-paced lifestyle and the constant quest for more convenient and efficient solutions has brought about the era of mobile devices.
As we know, social media has been part of our lives for some time now, but not everyone realizes how important its role is in the recruitment process. According to a study by The Open University Business, as many as 79% of people search for jobs specifically through social media, which they use most often on mobile devices.
Combining social media and mobile devices makes the recruitment process as easy and enjoyable as never before. Users can browse job postings anywhere and anytime, all they need to do is have their phone with them.
Apart from the comfort of the potential employee and employer, mobile recruitment is simply convenient and significantly shortens the entire recruitment process. This is why it is so important to customize and optimize all aspects of the process for mobile devices.
Generations X, Y, Z on the labor market
Currently, there are as many as 3 active generations in the labor market. While Generation X’s contribution to the popularity of digital media is by far the smallest, the other 2 generations have a huge impact on how the labor market works.
To illustrate the potential of recruitment aimed at mobile consumers, attention should be paid to Generation Y. Millennials, as the aforementioned generation is called, are dynamically exploiting the possibilities of digital media and modern technology. How does this relate to the job market? A lot.
It is estimated that by 2025, representatives of Generation Y will completely dominate the labor market, taking over ¾ of current positions. They are even ready to take on remote work, and the desire for development combined with impatience makes them eager to reach for the most convenient solutions, also when it comes to changing jobs.
Generation Z, which has the least experience in the labor market, shows above-average intuition in the use of mobile devices. People belonging to this generation are highly flexible, fond of experimenting and looking for variety, which, combined with a desire to grow, translates into frequent participation in recruitment processes.
5 steps to effective mobile-friendly recruitment
An effective and attractive mobile recruitment plan requires complexity and automation. To this end, the following aspects should be emphasized:
- The application form is the basic part of the whole procedure. The interface must be friendly, understandable and, above all, optimized for mobile devices, ensuring its efficient use by the candidate.
- The next step involves skills assessment. Contemporary solutions provide a number of modern tools. The programs facilitate carrying out interactive tasks, all under the monitoring of a special supervisory system.
- An online meeting generates significant savings for both parties, and eliminates limitations caused by location. The interview is also a chance to get to know the interviewee’s personality and charisma, and the request to record a short video tests the candidate’s motivation and creativity.
- The behavioral report is an original form of learning about preferences and behavior in the workplace. A special test helps identify factors that activate productivity, efficiency and self-realization.
- The final stage includes the selection of the best candidate.
There is one thing we can be sure of these days – Mobile is King. Our era definitely belongs to mobile devices, whose popularization affects every aspect of our lives. Employers, and recruiters in particular, must keep up with the fast-paced world and meet its expectations. Effective adaptation of the recruitment process to the changes we face on a daily basis is a must have nowadays. It increases a company’s chances of engaging in valuable cooperation and directly affects the brand image.
If you like our content, join our busy bees community on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok.