There are many benefits of Virtual Reality training. VR training brings many advantages to companies it is more efficient, accountable and effective than traditional forms of learning. It reduces risks greatly, and allows endless repetitions and like real practice.
Benefits of Virtual Reality training – table of content:
- What is VR training?
- 3 types of Virtual Reality training
- Benefits of Virtual Reality training
What is VR training?
Virtual Reality training is the digital simulation of situations, which look like real in 3D virtual setting. Trainees enter a fully virtual environment to experience scenarios, in which they can actively interact with simulated real-world tools, machines, objects, as well as to communicate with other trainees and instructors.
3 types of Virtual Reality training
There are three distinctive types of Virtual Reality Training such as:
Non-immersive Virtual Reality trainingIn this type of technology the user is constantly aware of his real environment and accesses the simulation only on the screen of his own computer. All video games and computer games, where keyboards, mouses, joysticks, consoles or other devices are used, are the type of this Virtual Reality
Semi-immersive Virtual Reality trainingSimilarly to the non-immersive VR training the trainee is not fully submerged into the simulation. Semi-immersive VR is used usually to practice driving of heavy vehicles and the virtual environment is accessible through out the screen based in physical simulator, which resembles the real machinery. The user is aware of his real physical environment, while the simulation is displayed with 3D graphics technology.
Fully-immersive Virtual Reality trainingThis type of VR was broadly used by the gaming industry. Currently it is used by corporate and industrial entities (aviation, mining, nuclear, military, automotive, health) to train all sorts of skills to their employees. To experience fully-immersive Virtual Reality training one should use VR glasses, a head point display, VR headset accompanied with headphones to restrict the perception and achieve more realistic and immersive experience.
Benefits of Virtual Reality training
There are several benefits of using the 9-box grid for talent management including:
- Costs reduction. In comparison with typical classroom-based courses, the cost saving significant. The trainees don’t have to change their location, and the company doesn’t have to use real, heavy or complicated equipment. All is virtual, hence can be repeated many times without any additional use of the resources.
- High retention of knowledge. Practical learning on site, as it was many times proven, is much better for knowledge understanding and retention.
- Increased efficiency. Employees trained with traditional methods very frequently have no chance to try their skill in real life situations until they reach certain stage of ability. With Virtual Reality training all employees may practice skills above their normal level of responsibility, which increases their overall efficiency and boosts levels of productivity.
- Faster learning. Virtual Reality training is not only more effective, safe and cheap, but it is faster as well. It has been noted that employees, who were trained with VR solutions have managed to learn their skills faster and with greater accuracy.
- No risk involved. This is the main reason for Virtual Reality training to be so broadly used by industries such as: health, military, aviation or mining. In those industries any action performed unskillfully may pose a risk for personal health of many people as well as may cause damages to property. The risk involved in activities such as: surgery, night flights or oil extraction is high, hence Virtual Reality is used so often by the related industries.
Virtual reality training -summary
There are many benefits of virtual reality training not all of them as obvious as low costs and increased retention. Virtual Reality training brings many advantages to the learners, who can learn anytime, anywhere, and get enough practice. For companies Virtual Reality training is even more advantageous: it is more efficient, accountable and effective, reduces risks, and allows endless repetitions. It may be expected that Virtual Reality training will be more commonplace in the next twenty years to come.
Read also: Best 5 online training platforms