Everyone is aware of the potential of YouTube. If you run your own business, include YouTube in your company’s marketing strategy, and think about how you can use this platform to your advantage. In the following article, we will provide you with a number of helpful tips on how to use YouTube to promote your products or services. Read on.
How to use YouTube to promote your business? – table of contents:
- Know your audience
- Create content that sells
- Optimize your YouTube videos
- Create and manage playlists
- Encourage your viewers
- Focus on quality
- Promote your YouTube channel
Know your audience
How to use YouTube? First of all, you must know who you are creating content for. Make sure to find your target audience. Every customer has different needs. For instance, if you are selling sports equipment, you should determine who your model customers are and tailor your content to their expectations. If your customers frequently buy bicycles from you, it may be a good idea to create content concerning this topic.
Create content that sells
If your YouTube channel is going to be an advertisement for your brand or products, it needs to be something like a billboard. Create content that is strictly related to what you do. Don’t get too pushy. Think creatively.
Since we’ve mentioned the example of bicycles, let’s go a step further. Create content that is useful and shows off your product. For example, demonstrate in what conditions a certain bike model will be useful, what its capabilities are and who it will be most suitable for. This will give your audience more information about the product you offer and help them to make a final decision.
Optimize your YouTube videos
What do you need to know about the videos themselves? Let’s break it down into a few points:
- Video description – When you manage to create a good description of your video, users will find it easier to spot it in the maze of similar content. Remember to include all the most relevant information. In this way you will encourage the viewer to stay longer on your channel.
- YouTube business card – A good logo, banner, and other aspects of visual communication are pretty much the basics. Stand out from the crowd by using elements that are aesthetically pleasing and easy to remember. Also, keep in mind that the images you upload should be in high resolution and in the right format.
- Thumbnails – Thumbnails of the videos you upload to your channel are even more important. It’s your job to create thumbnails that are eye-catching, and encourage viewers to click on your feed, even if it appears unexpectedly.
- Channel trailer – When viewers visit your channel, let them be greeted by a compelling, short and informative video that showcases what it is about.
Create and manage playlists
Once you have several videos on your channel, try to group them into themed playlists. When your viewers click on a given playlist, the videos will be played automatically. That way, they will watch one clip till the end, and they will be more likely to watch the next one which is on the playlist.
Encourage your viewers
Almost every youtuber uses such phrases as “subscribe”, “comment on the video”, “thumbs up”, and other similar expressions to improve audience interaction. Of course, many viewers may find it annoying. However, it’s the easiest and the most common way to encourage them to stay longer on your channel.
Focus on quality
Your company and the brand you create need to be strong. Therefore, make sure that the content you upload meet several criteria, such as high image quality, high sound quality, and subject matter.The more professional productions you create, the better.
Promote your YouTube channel
You can promote your channel using a variety of tools. These will include Google Ads and paid campaigns available on YouTube, etc. You can also create skippable in-stream ads, non-skippable ads or masthead ads that appear in search results on the homepage or in related videos.
How to use YouTube – summary
Reaching customers through all possible channels is now a must in the competetive market. Online advertising,whether on YouTube or any other platform, is a reliable and effective way to acquire more leads.
You already know how to use YouTube to promote your business. Other resources: 10 ways to increase your YouTube views.